Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween '06



Had a wonderful Halloween last night - surprisingly relaxed with the 2. 'Course Kieran pretty much slept, big surprise, but I did manage to get a couple pictures of him with eyeballs showing. Jaela beamed the whole time as Dorothy - once she had the bow in the hair and the sparkly red shoes on the feet, she was Dorothy. Brett got into the act this year (it's his favourite holiday) and did the Viking Warrior thing.

It's always interesting when there are 7 kids under 6 under one roof, but fun was had by all and no one is sick this morning! Bonus! There should be a name for today though - the sugar hangover for the kids, the cider hangover for the adults, the day the parents pick through the kid's bucket and sneak a couple (or more) pieces of their favourites out. The day here in the US when it becomes full-on Thanksgiving/Christmas season and you can just about smell the stress rising in the crisp air. Which causes the parents to take more candy out...and so on and so forth. Me, I'm not stressing, but I think it would be down right neglectful of me to leave all that candy lying around for too long.

3 comments:

The Turcotte's said...

Cute costumes! Jaela looks adorable in her costume - did you make it? Keiran is getting big isn't he - I'm glad to see a recent picture of him to see that my little one isn't the only one growing way too quickly. I am still trying to get a good picture of Kendra in her costume. She hates her costume and screams every time I put her in it! Oh well. That might be all we have for the books.
I'm also guilty of taking a few treats out of the treat bags - I'll be glad when the candy is gone and not calling me over to sample just one more little piece!!

Turner said...

I think you are mistaken...Jaela apears to have gone as 'Andrea Lorraine Paine'. Brilliant costume, she nailed the hair and face and expression and about everything else.
That girl is your twin in case you have not noticed!
I like the little pumpkin too.

Lorraine said...

ok, yeah, so I told Jaela that you thought she was my twin and she says, 'I don't think so Mom...you're WAY, WAY to old to be my twin! Nice.