Monday, September 11, 2006

One day down, 13 years to go...

The First Day of Kindergarten! It's a little surreal to take my child to school when it still seems like not too long ago that I left school - not counting college, which really hasn't been that long. She's loving it and says she can't wait to know "everything". Hope Mrs. Davis is up to the challenge! ;)
She came home today all jazzed up because they got to play tag in a 'real gym'! (It's sad how many schools don't even have PE, Art, Music, etc. anymore, so we feel really lucky that Jaela's school has PE & Music classes, even for the Kindergarteners.) Along with the start of school came the start of soccer season - so I am officially a Soccer Mom - yikes! Will they let me into the SMClub without a mini-van?!

5 comments:

All Jacks' said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
All Jacks' said...

Paine, you can not officially call yourself a "soccer mom" with out a mini van. That is like cheering for the Canucks AND liking the goaltender.

Of course, you can fake it by having a lot of kids and soccer balls "fall" out of your car upon arrival.

And to complete the back tracking, I would just like to add, you undoubtedly would make an excellent soccer mom.

Goooooooaaaaaaaallllll!!!!

Lorraine said...

Okay, thank you for the clarification. I guess you see your share of Soccer Moms in a day so I value your opinion highly. Since I don't plan to cram any more kids into the car/SUV, I guess I better go shopping for about 2 dozen soccer balls!

Fatt said...

Ahhhh...school...it seems like only a dream to me! Imagine the shock when we send off 3 at once...what the hell is Sarah gonna do...probably take up drinking during the day I suppose. Only 2.5 years to go...

PS...Doon't slag off minivans until you drive one...they're hot:)

Lorraine said...

Okay, I discovered a group even more 'elite' than the soccer moms - the PTA! What a scary thing this is - at least at our school! Do not ever mess with a PTA mom, especially if she's driving a mini-van with a soccer decal on it!!