Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Autumn...



This is the time of year when I miss being in the Valley - when the colours are a-changin' and the mornings are so fresh and crisp, but the afternoons are sunny. The snow is starting to come down the mountain, but it's not far enough down to be a hassle yet. I guess it's true what that "wise" person once said about not being able to take the country out of the hick ;) - even if this hick has literally left the country. My sister sent me some shots from around Babine Lake this weekend to feed my nostalgia...

3 comments:

The Turcotte's said...

It really is a beautiful time of year in the valley. We've had some really cold mornings so the leaves are especially colourful this year. Congratulations on your new little boy - how wonderful for you. How is Kindergarten going for you? I find the dropping off and picking up busy. It seems we just drop Clayton off and we're turning around to pick him back up.
Lynette

Lorraine said...

It does make for a busy morning - the walk there and back only takes about 10 minutes though, which is great. Suck up some fresh dew-air for me! ;)
Our leaves have hardly started changing yet - we played soccer today in half mist, half-23 degrees - all in a half-hour. Crazy!
Good to "see" you in the blog world! :)

All Jacks' said...

I hear ya Paine. Played ultimate with my xc team today. Freakin' 25 degrees. How sweet is that! Love the west coast.