Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm weak, okay?!





So, I love watching the first week of American Idol - I'm not proud of it, but I do enjoy knowing that there are people out there in the world who actually sing worse than I do. I also find it fascinating from a psych point of view to figure out which ones are just innocently deluded, which ones are glory-hogs, who was sent on a dare and the best - the truly psychotically & verbally damaged. And then I resume my normal life and never think about Idol again until the next season.

But this season I have caved a little, mostly because 2 of the remaining 12 are from my area and it's been in my face A LOT. Sanjaya is actually from just down the street from my place, so of course I have to root for him, although truth be told that may be the only real reason. Blake, is geographically further away - just another Seattle suburb - but is good friends with my supervisors family. So now I have torn loyalties, and I'm not even watching the damn show! If any of you are - please throw a vote in either of these two directions - it will ease my conscience. (I didn't even know Smithers was back into Hockeyville until the vote was over, so my conscience is in bad shape!)

3 comments:

All Jacks' said...

Blake is an entertaining fella. Sanjaya... I can't believe he is still on, but then I am not from Seattle.

Not that I watch it at all.

Turner said...

Vote Sanjaya!!

Turner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.