Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Don't ask about the squirrels!

Anyone who has driven in a car with children will totally get this. The rest of you may be confused, but hopefully amused as well...

Princess Z: Can we watch Mickey Mouse tonight?
King Z: No, not tonight. If we watch anything, let's watch something different.
PZ: Awww, but I want to watch it tonight.
KZ: Do you know if Mommy picked up the mail today?
PZ: Yes.
KZ: She did?
PZ: No.
KZ: She didn't pick up the mail?
PZ: No.
KZ: But you said 'Yes'.
PZ: No. I said Yes, I know if Mommy picked up the mail.
KZ: Oh.
PZ: And she didn’t.
KZ: Okay.
PZ: Kipper.
KZ: Pardon?
PZ: Kipper.
KZ: What about Kipper?
PZ: I want to watch Kipper tonight.
KZ: Are you asking a question?
PZ: Yes.
KZ: What are you asking?
PZ: I'm asking that Kipper's what I want to watch.
KZ: That's not a question.
PZ: I want to watch Kipper, please.
KZ: You know how to ask politely...
...
PZ: I don't like squirrels.


(Photo Credit: Jim Bailey)

2 comments:

The Turcotte's said...

I totally get that - between the two boys and the little miss - there is never a quiet moment in our vehicle! They can ramble on without any story or meaning for the entire trip.

Turner said...

Are you kidding me....I had that some conversation just last week with Beth and her younger sister while driving over the GWB!!!!!